Collection of Personal Information
Notification of the Collection of Personal Information
Diabetes Australia Limited is bound by the Privacy Act 1988, including the Australian Privacy Principles. This notification is made in accordance with Australian Privacy Principle 5.
Diabetes Australia Details
Who are we?
Diabetes Australia Limited
Contact details Privacy Officer
GPO Box 3156
Canberra, ACT 2601
Phone: 02 6232 3800
Email: [email protected]
Collection and Use of Personal Information
Personal information collected other than from you We will collect personal information from you
Why do we collect personal information?
Personal Information is only collected as reasonably necessary for the purposes of administering, coordinating and delivering the Diabetes in Schools program, including to:
- identify principals, school staff, students and parents who may be interested in their school joining the Diabetes in Schools program, and identify, correspond with and establish a contact point in the relevant schools;
- register for training with the Diabetes in School program;
- facilitate, coordinate and deliver training on diabetes, through various means, including online and face-to-face;
- administer, manage and collect statistical information about the NDSS, including the Diabetes in Schools program.
Consequences if your personal information is not collected by us
We may not be able to provide you with training on diabetes, access to training materials, or information on the Diabetes in School program.
Other entities, bodies or persons to which we usually disclose personal information of the kind collected by us
We will only provide your personal information, on a confidential basis, to:
- our contractors (e.g. suppliers, marketing consultants, IT providers);
- persons involved in the administration, coordination or delivery of training as part of the Diabetes in Schools program, including for example training coordinators, trainers, principals, other school staff, students and parents/guardians of students;
- the Department of Health, as required by the Commonwealth;
Disclosure of personal information to overseas recipients
We do not currently disclose your personal information to overseas parties. If your personal information is transferred overseas, we will comply with our obligations under the APPs.
• access and seek corrections to your personal information; and
• complain about a breach of the Australian Privacy Principles, or a relevant APP code; and how we deal with such complaints.